Wednesday 9 July 2014

Halloumi, Asparagus and Bacon galette

Hello everyone 

It's no secret that I love baking - it's definitely my first love in the kitchen.
I love classic baked savoury pies, from our creamy Chicken Pie to our Beef and Beer pie.
But to be honest it's the Cakes and the sweet pies I really love to make.
But.... I also love to travel, thank goodness the two go hand in hand.
My love for food and travel began years ago in France..... joy comes easily when you experience something new and for me when I sit with a wonderful Menu with fresh, new ideas and flavours.
Nothing can transport me back to a place like a taste.  Apple Pie with thick clotted cream in La Place Amsterdam, Macarons in Paris and
delicious flat bread in Frankfurt.
More than a photo, souvenirs,  it's the food that keep the journeys alive for me.
I would love to travel with all of you around the world and exchange recipes and style ideas.
Bon voyage.

My first travel recipe I want to share with you is from a pretty tea room in Paris ~ Bread and Roses.

Halloumi, Asparagus and Bacon Galette

Serves 4

6 slices streaky bacon
60 ml tomato chutney
300g green asparagus, trimmed and blanched
200g halloumi, cut into 8 chunks
Pinch Herbes de Provance
2 sheets good quality store-bought puff pastry, thawed and halved

Preheat oven 200`C.
Place the puff pastry on 2 oven trays lined with baking paper.
Using a fork or a knife score a 1.5cm border around each rectangle.
Brush the chutney on and top with the asparagus, bacon and haloumi.
Sprinkle dry herbs over.
Bake for 15 - 20 minutes or until golden and bacon crispy.
Serve with a fresh winter herb salad sprinkled with a fresh citrus viniagrette.

I hope you enjoy playing around with this recipe.



No comments:

Post a Comment